GREENVILLE, SC---The Carolina Elite Soccer Academy is pleased to announce the dates for its 2019-20 tryouts. Teams will be fielded within the following programs: Center of Excellence (U7-U8), Junior Academy (U9-U12), Travel (U13-U19), and the ECNL (U13-U19). See below for program descriptions, online registration links, tryout checklist, and individual program contacts.
Unless otherwise noted, all tryouts will be held at the MeSA Soccer Complex (1020 Anderson Ridge Rd Greer, SC 29651). The only other complex being used is the Wenwood Soccer Complex (1967 Ridge Rd Greenville, SC 29607)
Look at the different Programs we have to offer and some of the differences between the Programs - Here
1. Understand your child's program (see below for details on each program).
2. Check dates for tryouts with focus on times and locations. Each age group (except for the CoE) will have 3 tryout dates. It is advised that your player attends as many tryout dates as possible so they are properly evaluated. We understand conflicts may arise but attending all tryouts is strongly encouraged.
3. All tryout registrations are done through Affinity. If you are a returning player, you already have an Affinity account. If you cannot remember your username and/or password, DO NOT create a new account. Instead, call the CESA Office at 864.329.1113 and we will help reset your account. If you are a new CESA player, create a new account.
4. On the night of each tryout, we will have a tent set-up where every player must report to for check-in. A tryout number and field assigment will be given to each player. Day of walk-ups and/or registrations are not advised. Be sure to sign up at least 1 day in advance of tryouts.
The Center of Excellence and Junior Academy programs are both designed for the advanced recreational player who has shown the desire and ambition to train and compete at a higher level. These programs are a great learning venue for our younger players and one in which they can develop a real love for the game. Our players must be able to train in an environment that can test them. In order to play the game at a reasonable level we must continue to develop players with competent technical ability. Players do progress at different rates and our role is to be sure that they are receiving the correct instruction as they move through the Center of Excellence and Junior Academy programs before moving to the Travel level (U13-19).
The Center of Excellence is the first program beyond the CESA Recreation program that offers licensed, professional coaches and a more advanced training envionment. Teams train 2x per week with games on Saturdays and occasionally Sundays. Teams will be fielded in the U7 (2013) and U8 (2012) age groups and will compete primarily in our in-house CESA Rec league against older competition. An updated program booklet will be added to our website soon.
The Junior Academy is the next step beyond the CoE for the U9-U12 age groups (2008-2011). Junior Academy teams will train 3 times per week with their assigned player pool and play games primarily on Sunday. We will always encourage our Junior Academy players to train on their own and watch as much soccer as possible. An updated program booklet will be added to our website soon with more information.
Center of Excellence Contact: Cole Atkins, email@example.com
Junior Academy Contact: David Minihan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Center of Excellence & Junior Academy Tryout Registration
CESA’s travel program is a wide-ranging program designed to meet the needs of players that desire a more challenging playing environment than that provided by our recreation program. There is one primary goal associated with our competitive program: to enable each of our players to achieve her or his individual goals with respect to soccer. Since we service a wide range of players in our competitive program, this means that we must offer a number of different levels of competitive play.
CESA’s travel program consists of the following categories of teams:
- ECNL Teams (Elite Clubs National League)- travel regionally and nationally
- SCCL Teams (Southeastern Clubs Champions League)-travel regionally
- Challenge Teams-local and in-state with out-of-state tournaments
- Select Teams- local and in-state competition with occasional out-of state tournaments
Travel Program Contact: Andrew Hyslop, email@example.com
Travel Team Tryout Registration
(NOTE: This link is only for SCCL, Challenge, and Select team tryouts; ECNL registration is below)
Please note the times for Sat. June 1 Talent ID Day at Wenwood have changed (Sun. June 2 stays the same):
9:30-11:00AM- 2006 & 2007
11:15-12:45PM- 2005 & 2004
1:00-2:30PM- 2003 & 2002/01
CESA has been a member of the prestigious Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) since 2009. The Elite Clubs National League is recognized on a national level as the most productive player development arena available to the aspiring player and is made up of over 70 clubs nationwide.
The 2019-20 season will see the CESA Girls and Boys ECNL programs competing in the Mid-Atlantic Conference. These league games will decide who particpates in the ECNL National Playoffs to be held in June 2020. In addition, both the boys and girls will attend several National Showcase events throughtout the year. The U16 and U17 age groups will attend 3 National Showcase events, the U15 age group will attend 2 National Showcase events, and the U18/19 age group will attend 1 National Showcase event. The age groups offered in 2019-20 are 2007 (Under 13), 2006 (Under 14), 2005 (Under 15), 2004 (Under 16), 2003 (Under 17) and 2002/2001 (Under 18/19).
Andrew Hyslop, Girls ECNL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cole Atkins, Girls ECNL: email@example.com
Russell Shelley, Boys ECNL: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Inquiries: ECNL@carolinaelitesc.com
ECNL Talent ID Registration