The United States ODP (Olympic Development Program) was created by USYS (United States Youth Soccer) in 1977 to identify a pool of players in each age group from which a National Team will be selected for international competition. The philosophy of ODP is simple: to identify players of the highest caliber on a continuing and consistent basis, which will lead to increased success for the United States National Teams in the international arena.
The benefits of participating in ODP include
- The opportunity to train and play with many of the best players in ones age group
- Quality instruction from nationally licensed coaches
- Quality competition. Games against other state association ODP teams
- Exposure to regional and national team coaches
- The opportunity to represent ones state, region, or country in competition
- Further exposure to college coaches
CESA congratulates all of its players who participated in ODP each year. Andrew Hyslop, Co-Executive Director of CESA, said “We are pleased with the number of CESA players who chose to compete against the best of the best this year, both in the state of South Carolina and in Region III.” Pearse Tormey, Co-Executive Director of CESA, added, “We fully support the ODP program and encourage each of our players who have high ambitions to try out for the ODP State Select teams.”
Two CESA players, Elizabeth Metherell and Lindsey Beam, have played for the national team.
18 Boland Court, Greenville, SC 29615
Phone: (864) 329-1113
Fax: (864) 329-1103
Open 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday - Friday